Prior to your AppointmentPlease follow the instructions below, if you have:
- Returned from Overseas Travel in the last 14 days
- Disembarked from a cruise ship in the last 14 days
- Travelled interstate within 14 days since 26 March 2020 OR
- Have any of the following symptoms:Fever/Shortness of breath/Cough/Sore throat/Any other cold/flu like symptoms – including pneumonia OR
- Have been in contact with:Someone diagnosed with or suspected of having coronavirus, in the 14 days before getting sick
PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:
- PLEASE DO NOT ENTER OUR WAITING ROOM.
- PLEASE CALL 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE.
- Underage patients can have a single family member attend
- Where a patient is having a procedure and needs a driver/helper
- A patient who needs the help of a carer to attend
- Obstetric patients can bring one family member
We thank you for your understanding and co-operation in this matter. See below for further information regarding COVID-19:
We are taking extra precautions to minimise infection within our clinics and are ensuring our waiting areas are regularly disinfected. We have an ample supply of hand sanitiser for both staff and patient use. You can be assured that every hygiene measure is taken to ensure the safety of patients in our clinics. We are practicing social distancing in all of our waiting rooms.
No, you do not need to cancel your appointment. We are committed to providing radiology services within our communities. Please call one of our clinics or make contact via our website. You can be assured that servicing our patients in a safe environment is always our primary focus. Our friendly staff will ask you a series of questions over the phone to establish your individual situation concerning COVID-19.
A list of IQ Radiology locations can be found here: IQ Radiology Locations
Please click here to be taken to the Australian Government healthdirect website symptom checker tool. Alternatively, you should call the Coronavirus Health Information Line 1800 020 080.
Please speak with your doctor if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or if you believe you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Your doctor is best placed to assist you with the appropriate course of action at this time.
COVID Clinics are being established by your local public health service. Click here for current information including locations. These are places where anyone who suspects they may have COVID-19 will be assessed and tested.
Coronaviruses are a large family of infectious viruses. COVID-19 is a new strain of Coronavirus. All IQ Radiology communications referring to ‘Coronavirus’ are specifically relating to the COVID-19 strain.
If you would like more information on COVID-19, please call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
or visit https://www.health.gov.au/
The current Government guidelines are:
- If you have been overseas within the last 14 days, or
- If you have been in close contact with someone known to have had COVID-19
If your doctor considers you are at high risk to have contracted COVID-19 then IQ Radiology recommends you attend a hospital COVID clinic. Please be sure to call the clinic before you attend 1800 020 080.
No, at this stage we are offering the same high-quality radiology services to all patients not considered high-risk of having COVID-19. Our staff and doctors are working to maintain a high level of service to our communities.
IQR is encouraging patients to attend appointments by themselves, where possible. Exceptions will be:
- Where the patient is underage a single family member should attend with them
- Where a patient is having a procedure and needs a driver/help
- Where a patient needs the help of a carer to attend
- Obstetric patients can bring one family member with them.